About CWC Victoria
Calvary Worship Centre is an interdenominational church, international in attendance, biblical in its message, vibrant in its worship, focused in its commitment to prayer, genuine in its fellowship, and committed in its service to all ages from all walks of life.
On Sundays, our Victoria branch meets at NORWAY HOUSE, 1110 HILLSIDE AVENUE, VICTORIA V8T 2A7
Sunday Service Time: 11:30am
What We Are
Calvary Worship Centre exists to proclaim the gospel of Christ to ALL NATIONS and to equip them for their ministry in the church and in the world.
The Bible says,
“But in the last days it shall come to pass, that the mountain of the house of the LORD shall be established in the top of the mountains, and it shall be exalted about above the hills; and people shall flow unto it. 2 And Many nations shall come, and say, Come, and let us go up to the mountain of the LORD, and to the house of the God of Jacob; and he will teach us of his ways, and we will walk in his paths: for the law shall go forth of Zion, and the word of the LORD from Jerusalem.”
Jesus also said
Is it not written, “My house shall be called a house of prayer for all nations? But you have made it a den of thieves.”
This is the vision that calls us. To be a church of nations, reaching out to all nations. A church that is as widely welcoming as there are cultures in the world. And this vision is rooted not only in the Great Commission, but the whole of Scripture. In a world torn apart by increasing racial conflict, we believe that true reconciliation is available in Jesus Christ. That is why the church of Jesus has been chosen and set apart, not to segregate, but to demonstrate this reconciliation by living out the joy of accepting, loving and respecting all peoples irrespective of their race or cultural background (Galatians 3:26-28).
We exist to communicate Christ to all nations in our immediate neighborhood and beyond, and to equip them for their ministry in the church and in the world.
- To celebrate the living God
- To cultivate spiritual growth
- To care for one another
- To communicate Christ to the world
- Praying for the sick (James 5:14,16)
- Dedicating children of Christian parents. (Luke 2:22)
- Water baptism for believers. (Matt 28:19 Mark 16:15-16)
- Celebrating the Lord’s supper. (1 Cor 11:23-26)
- Exercise of spiritual gifts in the worship and practice of the church. (1 Cor 12:8-10)
- Practicing church discipline. (Matt 18:15-20)
- Practicing Christian marriage (Matt 19:3-10)
- Practice of spontaneous and joyful worship and prayer in all our gatherings. (Acts 4:23-31)